Nokia creates the technology to connect the world. The Fortune 500 Company serves communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers with the industry’s most complete end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. They adhere to the highest ethical business standards as they create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Further, Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience.
Nokia is now offering the exciting opportunity for a senior business development professional to contribute to the company’s vision of transforming the human experience.
In particular, the candidate will be directing Nokia’s dedicated teams and licensing programs, to further strategise the growth and development of Nokia’s extensive licensing platform across diverse high-profile technologies including mobile devices, consumer electronics, automotive and the Internet of Things.
The role will be focused on identifying, developing, coordinating Nokia Technologies’ growth areas, initiatives and plans, and driving and leading business development activities relating to e.g. Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and other areas.
The role will suit a strategic thinker with a focus on execution to direct results-driven business development, and focus on financial impact. The suitable candidate is likely to fulfil the following:
- 12+ years of relevant work experience. Experience in leading licensing programs a considerable asset;
- Business, Strategy, Legal or Technical education, at Master’s degree or equivalent experience level;
- Recognized leader in their field with a proven track record in driving results through business development and / or successful licensing initiatives and programs;
- Deep understanding of market and technology trends as well as customer needs;
- Strategic thinker and results-focused with strong influencing skills and sense of urgency, maintaining an open and cooperative atmosphere;
- Able to identify new business opportunities and potential business models within licensing markets and continuously drive for revenue growth;
- Able to influence direction and strategy outside of line management structures. Delivering results working in matrixed organizations and virtual teams;
- Proven experience and success at executive-level stakeholder and customer relationship management.
- Strong presence and great communication and communication skills. Able to handle complex situations and negotiations;
- Able to translate complex analyses and data to easily digestible messages, communications and presentations without ‘boiling the ocean’ or ‘drowning in data’.