“For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.”
Starting a century ago with a single vacuum sale, Electrolux has grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one purpose in mind: to shape living for the better. Present in 60 countries and more than 150 markets, with annual revenues of SEK 124 billion ($12.5bn) and 60 million products sold annually, Electrolux is the second-largest home appliance maker in the world employing 54,000 people globally.
Electrolux focuses on innovations that are thoughtfully designed, based on extensive consumer insight, to meet the real needs of consumers and professionals. Electrolux products include refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners and cookers sold under esteemed brands such as Electrolux, AEG, Eureka, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi.
The company’s vision is to be the best appliance company in the world as measured by its customers, employees and shareholders.
Electrolux employs over 2,800 individuals within Research & Development across 23 sites globally, with increased year-on-year investment across its facilities. In 2018 the company launched a number of new initiatives such as the Innovation Factory, a creative, agile space at its site in Porcia, Italy designed to boost innovation through experimentation and new collaborative models.
At present, Electrolux is mounting a significant push into digital technologies, therefore there is a substantial focus on digital transformation and investment within new technological areas, which will in turn allow the development of increasingly advanced and connected products.
This emphasis on digital technologies will require the investment in people with a particular blend of skills, who understand both the new technologies and the mechanical aspects of such products.
Innovation is a cornerstone of Electrolux’s operations and as such, Group Patents has an ever-increasing profile within the company and is acknowledged as being of paramount importance to the organisation’s continued commercial success.
Reporting to the Head of R&D and Process Excellence, the Global Head of Group Patents is a highly integral position within the organisation, requiring an experienced and talented business minded IP leader, who has demonstrable experience of leading a patent function within a global multinational that has undergone technical and digital transformation.
Based at the company headquarters in Stockholm, the role has full responsibility for the leadership and management of Electrolux’ global patent function. As Global Head of Group Patents, you will lead a global team of approximately 30 individuals based in Sweden, Italy, Germany and Brazil.
This role is a rare and outstanding opportunity for an accomplished and world class leader in the patent field. Promising excellent long-term career prospects within a leading multinational corporation, the appointee will contribute significantly to the operational and commercial strategies of one of the largest consumer goods companies globally.
This appointment is open to suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race or any other consideration. Electrolux is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate is likely to fulfil the following criteria:
- Possess significant experience in Intellectual Property rights i.e. patents, coupled with experience working in an international corporate environment.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership position.
- Qualification as a European or US Patent Attorney.
- Education to MSc level or beyond in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous leadership experience within an organisation going through change management.
- Possess excellent leadership and organisational skills with the ability to instil confidence and trust in others and thus enhance and sustain the performance of his/her team.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within the organisation.
- Possess significant experience in negotiating and drafting patent & technology license agreements.
- Proven experience of being able to adapt flexibly to new market requirements, develop new approaches and shape processes.
- Possess extensive experience of providing IP advice to senior and top management.
- Business understanding and a strategic mindset.
- Experience from industry with fully worked through IP strategies.
- Fluency in English. Additional fluency in Swedish would be considered a plus.