Ericsson was founded on the premise of enabling communication as a basic human need, something more crucial now than ever before. Working on this premise from the opening of his repair shop for telegraph equipment in 1876, Lars Magnus Ericsson became one of the telecommunications industry’s true pioneers. His traditions of imaginative engineering and superior craftsmanship laid the foundation for one of the world’s leading telecommunication companies today.
Carrying some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic today, Ericsson enjoys an unrivalled position as the market leader within the mobile networks industry. Ericsson Technology, implemented in all smartphones worldwide, pushes the boundaries of how we all experience and use technologies in our daily lives.
Ericsson is now offering the exciting opportunity for an IP professional to join their Reading office to contribute to the company’s purpose to innovate technology for good. Reporting to the Patent Unit UK Director, the position will be focused on end-to-end portfolio management, from preparation and prosecution through claim charting and contentious involvement. The incoming attorney will initially work broadly across Radio Access Networks or Cloud, directly supporting either one of two patent units at Ericsson’s headquarters in Kista, Sweden.
The successful candidate is likely to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be educated in telecommunications, electrical engineering, physics, computer science, data engineering, or related fields;
- Be a fully qualified European or Chartered Patent Attorney; exception may be made for outstanding candidates close to full qualification, at the Patent Unit Director’s discretion;
- Demonstrate qualities of: openness, enthusiasm, confidence, proactivity and readiness to learn and develop as a patent attorney;
- Be an excellent communicator, able to convey information to professionals at all levels and across different business areas;
- Show commercial awareness and strong interest in Ericsson’s technologies and future aims;
- Possess good organisational, multi-tasking and negotiation skills, be accurate, flexible and able to work constructively in a team environment;
- Have a solution-orientated working style, with excellent analytical skills.