With approximately 400 employees at seven locations across Germany and Europe, Hoffmann Eitle is one of the oldest, largest and most successful intellectual property specialist boutique firms, filing each year more than 4,000 patent applications. About 100 German, British, Dutch, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, French and European patent attorneys, 14 IP-specialized attorneys-at-law and a large number of trainee patent attorneys serve their international clients in small, medium-sized and global enterprises.
Hoffmann Eitle is listed in the top tier for patent prosecution in Germany and/or the EPO in Chambers, Legal 500, MIP IP Stars and the IAM Patent 1000 publications.
In the last decade, the firm has expanded rapidly building on interdisciplinary cooperation among its patent attorneys who work in the fields of chemistry, biotechnology, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering & IT, as well as their German attorneys-at-law specialising in the areas of patent litigation, trademark & design protection, licensing and competition law.
Due to increased workload within the electrical engineering team, the firm is seeking to recruit a senior European patent attorney for the London office to assist with current and future client demands.
This new position will be highly attractive to an individual passionate about IP, and who wants both the support and freedom to operate in a firm where intellectual rigour and open communication are highly valued, and business development well supported.
The firm has a collaborative culture with a solid client base and is looking for a mid-senior individual with ambition to continue to build on this strong foundation. The successful candidate is likely to possess the following:
- A degree in electrical engineering, electronics, or other related engineering/physics discipline from a well-regarded university (minimum 2:1);
- As least three years’ experience as a patent attorney;
- Strong motivation and a proactive nature, with the drive and determination to assist in the development of the Electrical practice and the firm as a whole;
- Excellent communication skills coupled with good interpersonal skills to liaise effectively – both verbally and in writing – with colleagues and clients;
- The capability to win others’ confidence and develop excellent working relationships locally and internationally.