SLB is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries, they design, develop and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. With expertise in more than 120 countries, SLB works in close partnership with customers to create industry-changing technologies that unlock and decarbonize reliable energy for every community—including those in which we live and work.
SLB is looking for a talented Intellectual Property Attorney to join its IP Legal department to support the Reservoir Performance Engineering team.
Based in Clamart, the IP Attorney will be part of an international IP team of more than 20 experienced IP professionals covering a broad range of technologies. Reporting to the Senior Intellectual Property Manager, the role will have the following main accountabilities:
- Participating in setting up as well as implementing an IP strategy for the projects you are responsible for, including identifying and mitigating the main IP risks associated to those projects;
- Reviewing invention disclosures with the engineering team and providing recommendations to stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining a relevant patent portfolio in line with the SRPC activities (including preparation and prosecution of patent applications, managements of outside patent counsels and portfolio reviews with stakeholders);
- Conducting freedom to operate analysis, including conducting prior art searches and clearing products prior to commercialization, as well as IP landscape reviews as needed;
- Preparing and negotiating agreements with external partners and suppliers, including Non-Disclosure, and Collaboration Agreements;
- Providing trainings on the IP matters in order to raise awareness of IP across the SRPC Center and the Reservoir Performance division in general;
- Legal research and advice;
- Possible participation in litigation matters.
A successful candidate should possess:
- An excellent academic background to degree level or beyond in the fields of physics, electrical, engineering, or software technology;
- French or European Patent Attorney qualification preferred;
- Master 2 in Intellectual Property (CEIPI) in law;
- At least 4-5 years of experience gained within a reputable IP law firm or within industry;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills. You will be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.