Umicore is a leading circular materials technology company with an extensive expertise in the fields of material science, chemistry and metallurgy. The overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on the ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils a mission: “materials for a better life”. Which is why Umicore is now more than ever determined to leverage their unique position and mutually reinforce activities to accelerate the global transformation of mobility, respond to the growing need for advanced materials, and contribute to the pursuit of a global circular economy.
With innovation at the heart of Umicore’s business, there is a need for an experienced and professional IP team to protect and manage Umicore’s intellectual property rights. Umicore recognizes the value of IP and the contribution IP Managers provide. In return, employees receive some of the most structured career development and professional support available within the industry, values which Umicore believe ensure career longevity.
- Actively driving the IP strategy;
- Supporting and advising the R&D teams in the preparation of invention disclosures;
- Patent support for development projects including FTO analyses and patentability;
- Preparation and filing of domestic and international patent applications as well as supervision of the examination procedures;
- Directing multidisciplinary IP steering committees as the central governance body for all IP related decisions;
- Monitoring the patent protection of competitors and prosecuting patent infringements.
The successful candidate is likely to fulfil the following criteria:
- Master’s or PhD degree in either material science or chemistry;
- Qualification as European and/ or national patent attorney;
- Experience in IP within a private practice or industry setting;
- Experience with rechargeable battery materials and their application is a plus;
- Initiative and the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Ability to identify understand issues, problems, and opportunities and effectively chose a course of action or develop appropriate solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills to coordinate the decision-making process in IP matters;
- Possess authenticity, open-mindedness, respect, and integrity.