MANN & HUMMEL: Filtration solutions for a better future.
Filtration is everywhere. We filter the air we breathe and the water we drink. Filtration can be found in our cars, refrigerators and even in our showers and coffee machines. Without filtration, there is no baby food, no computers, no medicines. And certainly no clean, safe planet. For more than 80 years, M&H has stood for leadership in filtration. As a family-owned filter company with German roots, they operate globally at more than 80 locations. For their filtration solutions, they use the combined know-how of their employees, a global research and development network, and the opportunities offered by digitalization. The future is being decided now.
The IP department requires a strong and motivated leader within the IP operations and administrative team to drive the modernisation and streamlining of internal IP processes. Reporting into the Head of IP, the IP Operations Manager will be responsible for the implementation, standardization and management of IP-related operational processes and will oversee and drive the operation, maintenance and further development of asset management and file management and IT systems supporting core IP processes worldwide.
The position will include a wide range of activities and responsibilities encompassing:
- Management of the IP Operations team consisting of 7 direct reports in Germany, Singapore, and the USA;
- Overseeing all formal aspects of IP processes dealing with the filing and administration of intellectual property rights and the defence of rights in courts worldwide;
- Definition, development and improvement of processes;
- Definition, development, improvement, implementation and coordination of functions, processes and forms for the management of internal and official processes in cooperation with the IP colleagues in DE, CN, IN, SG and the USA;
- Implementation and management of processes and forms in IP-specific software solutions;
- 1st level IT support for IP specific software solutions;
- Monitoring of IT project management for IP-related IT projects, in particular in cooperation with the internal IT department and external service providers with regard to server operation, client distribution and the development of customer-specific software functions
- Overseeing and administering inventor royalty processes worldwide;
- Overseeing and managing the group-wide procurement of IP legal services for all companies in the MANN+HUMMEL Group.
A successful candidate should possess:
- Training: Successfully completed training as a patent attorney assistant (m/f/d) or comparable training;
- Professional experience: at least 10 years of experience in the field of IP administration;
- Sound knowledge of the formal aspects of IP law and regulations in DE & EP;
- Several years of management experience;
- Knowledge of using and managing IP docking and IP document management systems;
- Experience with DIAMS iQ (Dennemeyer) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of handling DPMAdirectPro, EPO OLF;
- Experience in managing projects (IT projects, portfolio projects, continuous improvement and change management);
- Excellent knowledge of IP-related processes and interfaces to other departments;
- Sound understanding of purchasing and accounting processes.
- Language skills: fluent English and very good German;
- Strong analytical and solution-oriented way of working;
- Structured and team-oriented approach;
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and intercultural competence;
- Willingness to travel internationally including to sites in the US and Singapore.