At Zentiva, it is their aspiration that healthcare should be a right and not a privilege. More than ever, people need better access to healthcare. Today, the everyday solutions that we all depend on truly count as a vital foundation of healthy living.
Zentiva works for the people living in Europe. Standing side-by-side with healthcare professionals, pharmacists and health system decision-makers, they have the same sense of social obligation to help lower costs and improve access to healthcare.
With more than 2,500 people across Europe and two production sites in Prague and Bucharest, they strive to be the champions of generics and OTC medicines to better support people’s daily healthcare needs.
With more than 500 products in 900 drug forms, Zentiva offers one of the broadest generic product portfolios for international markets.
Zentiva currently operates in 25 markets and reaches a target population of over one billion people. It is the third largest and fastest growing generics company in Europe.
Following Sanofi’s divestment of Zentiva, the company’s IP department is now fully responsible for developing, implementing and executing a patent, launch and litigation strategy in alignment with the company’s commercial aims and significant growth objectives.
Over the coming years, the IP department will be crucial to the company’s ambition to successfully launch a variety of new products and expand into further national markets.
Reporting to the Global Head of Patents, you will join a team of patent professionals at company headquarters. Assuming lead responsibility for a range of molecules in development in Zentiva’s therapeutic pipeline, your work will include:
• Strategic counselling for a range of company stakeholders from development through to product launch on all relevant IP issues.
• Collaborating with legal on patent litigation cases, including retaining, instructing and managing outside counsel.
• Managing opposition cases, also in conjunction with outside counsel.
• Identifying, evaluating and mitigating risk, for instance through freedom to operate analyses and in-licensing proposals.
• Reviewing contracts to protect the company’s interests in all relevant commercial partnerships.
• Working with and developing junior colleagues through the sharing of vital knowledge.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Full qualification as a European Patent Attorney. United States Patent Attorneys with experience of European IP matters will also be considered.
- A strong academic background in biology, pharmaceutical chemistry or associated subject matters.
- At least eight years of post-qualification experience.
- An appreciation for and understanding of IP strategy in the generics market.
- Prior experience of leading oppositions and participating in patent litigation proceedings.
- Fluency in English.
If you particularly enjoy advising on product launch and patent clearance matters, and you would like to focus more closely on oppositions and litigation proceedings, this opportunity is a remarkable one. In joining Zentiva, you would play a crucial part in the company’s mission to democratise the cost of medicine for patients around the world.