Volvo Group has a vision of being the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world; to lead in customer satisfaction under all brands; be the most admired employer with their industry; whilst enjoying industry leader profitability.
Headquarted in Gothenburg, Sweden, the Volvo Group employs approximately 100,000 individuals, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. The company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines, as well as providing complete solutions for financing and service.
Having set a mission to drive prosperity through transport solutions, the Volvo Group understands completely that modern logistics is a prerequisite for our economic welfare: transport helps combat poverty. Transport is not an end, but rather a means allowing people to access what they need, economically and socially.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) is the division within the Volvo Group that is responsible for product planning, early research and technology, product development and product range management for the three major truck companies, Mack Trucks, Renault Trucks and Volvo Trucks. GTT has a global foot print with its biggest R&D sites being located in Sweden, France, US and India. The Volvo Group invests heavily in R&D and creates cutting-edge ideas and innovative concepts that is being deployed in the Volvo products.
With new exciting technologies such as Vehicle Automation, Electromobility, Artificial Intelligence and Connectivity, the technology area is where it happens today in the automotive industry. In order to strengthen the team and to provide specific and clear expertise in the wide range of legal matters resulting from the new technology areas, GTT is seeking to recruit a Legal Counsel to its legal team in Gothenburg.
The overall responsibility of the Legal Counsel will be to provide legal support in the full range of GTT legal matters in a truly international and fast-paced working environment. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion to drive Volvo to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
This appointment is open to suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race or any other consideration. Any biased reference in the text is made merely for the sake of brevity and convenience. Volvo is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate will ideally fulfil the following criteria:
- Have a Master of Law qualification or other suitable law degree;
- Possess a Bar qualification from a recognised jurisdiction;
- Have upwards of 7 years’ post-qualification experience;
- Have worked in either private practice or industry (or both), with an excellent and consistent career track record;
- Have strong knowledge and background in commercial and, most importantly, experience in technology legal matters, particularly in relation to various types of technology developments, IP, open source, AI, big data and connectivity;
- Be experienced in the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of contracts related to the above;
- Possess experience of compliance issues;
- Some experience of contentious work would be advantageous;
- Strong business acumen, client focus and entrepreneurial drive;
- Agile with the ability to work in a changing and fast-paced environment;
- Collaborative individual who places the emphasis on team and the end result rather than self;
- Strong verbal, written, communication and negotiation skills.