Fedit -Loriot is one of France’s longest-standing Intellectual Property firms, tracing its roots back to 1940. The firm is enjoying a period of sustained growth and has always enjoyed renown within the mechanical field, with this expertise covering all areas of mechanics and progressively now incorporating all manner of technologies associated with the mechanical field. In addition, Fedit -Loriot also offers IP sector expertise in chemistry, biotech, physics, and IT.
Due to the growth and development of client work in the mechanical and electronic sectors, a Partnership opportunity has arisen for an experienced European Patent Attorney to play a crucial role in the current and future development and leadership of the firm, in line with succession planning objectives.
This is a unique position in which the candidate will:
- Work closely alongside the CEO, Damien Ripault, to manage and grow the firm, in line with future succession planning;
- Draft and file patent applications;
- Oversee patent prosecution activities;
- Handle oppositions before the EPO;
- Advise clients in relation to patent portfolio management, including strategies for protection and enforcement in order to maximise the portfolio’s true value and potential from a commercial perspective;
- Provide advice in relation to litigation and agreements;
- Proactively seek to grow the firm’s client base in this area on an international basis.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Fully qualified European Patent Attorney, with proven experience;
- Management and leadership experience or ready and with the ability to take on such responsibility;
- A degree in Physics or Engineering, or equivalent;
- A background working in either private practice and/or industry in the field of Mechanics, and electronics;
- Experience across several activities, including patent portfolio management, FTO matters and oppositions/litigation;
- Fluency in written English is mandatory.
Candidates should also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- A natural team player who embraces and excels in working with others;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, able to relate to people at all levels;
- A commercial, solution-oriented approach to clients’ intellectual property needs;
- Highly motivated with a proactive and creative working style.