Becker & Associés is an Intellectual Property Law firm founded in 1999. Focused exclusively in the pharmaceutical, life sciences and chemistry fields, the firm is uniquely positioned to deliver deep sector specialist expertise to its clients in helping them acquire and protect their IP rights.
Becker et Associés is solely focused in patents and offers clients the full range of patent services across four key areas: Patents and Strategy; IP Due Diligence; Competitive Intelligence; IP Agreements and Litigation.
The firm’s clients straddle the Chemistry, Biotech and Medical Devices sectors and are similarly (and evenly) split across academic institutions, start-up companies and multinational corporate organisations.
As a result of recent growth and in line with the firm’s strategy for further expansion, Becker & Associés is keen to recruit a further Patent Attorney to join the existing team. Due to the growth and development of client work in the Biotechnology sector, the firm is seeking a Patent Attorney with a background in Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Biology.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
- File and draft patent applications
- Oversee patent prosecution activities;
- Handle oppositions before the EPO;
- Advise clients in relation to patent portfolio management, including strategies for protection and enforcement in order to maximise the portfolio’s true value and potential from a commercial perspective;
- Provide advice in relation to litigation and agreements, including licensing;
- Proactively seek to grow the firm’s client base in this area on an international basis.
The successful candidates are likely to fulfil the following profile:
- Part or fully qualified European Patent Attorney. The successful candidate will likely possess up to five years’ post-qualification experience;
- A degree in Biotechnology/Biology/Biochemistry or equivalent and/or PhD;
- A background working in either private practice and/or industry in the field of Biotechnology/Life Science/Pharmaceuticals;
- Experience across several activities, including patent portfolio management, FTO matters and oppositions/litigation;
- Fluency in oral and written English is mandatory and in French preferred.
Candidates should also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- A natural team player who embraces and excels in working with others;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, able to relate to people at different levels and parts of the company;
- A commercial, solution-oriented approach to clients’ intellectual property needs;
- Highly motivated with a proactive and creative working style.