IPCom is an intellectual property licensing company, offering a full range of services that enable technology companies to comply with FRAND obligations, assert patent rights and conclude patents license agreements. Their expertise lie in mobile and telecommunications, with extensive, in-depth knowledge of both wireless technologies and the issues regarding patent development and IP litigation.
They have vast experience managing litigation and patent cases, and have played a key role in the development and licensing of new patents. They have negotiated and closed a number of significant license contracts and settlement agreements with high-profile, global companies in the mobile and telecoms space.
IPCom has almost two decades of experience in IP rights and management, and is committed to innovation in the wireless communications market. They are a passionate and dedicated team of professional inventors and business experts in the field of patent development and licensing.
Research and Development
IPCom’s R&D team has a 20-year track-record in mobile communication standardization, having made key contributions to industry bodies including 3GPP, OMA, ETSI, OMTP, Bluetooth SIG, and TCG. They have experts in the area of physical layer, protocol stack and network architecture as well as security, messaging, and application support for both mobile devices and network infrastructure. This includes enhancements for new types of devices like IoT, wearables and aerial, rail and street vehicles as well as verticals like industrial manufacturing plants. IPCom’s extensive global patent portfolio comprises over 200 patent families covering a broad range of mobile technologies, including 35 patent families that are essential for international communications standards.
As IPCom enters a new phase and is redefined under the direction of new management, the company is seeking to hire a patent attorney crucial to the development and execution of its corporate strategy. Engaging with key stakeholders ranging from research and development and reverse engineering through to IPCom’s outside counsel and licensing team, your responsibilities as patent counsel will include:
• Harvesting inventions, for subsequent drafting, filing and prosecution; instructing outside counsel on these matters where workload requires.
• Developing strategy for both licensing projects and litigation proceedings from a technical perspective, in conjunction with relevant colleagues.
• Actively engaging in licensing negotiations, assertion efforts and court proceedings.
• Conducting IP due diligence analyses, as IPCom weighs up potential patent acquisitions.
IPCom is seeking to attract a patent counsel with both the aptitude and interest to develop their career in a commercial direction, beyond the traditional duties of a patent attorney. Rather than concerning yourself exclusively with developing patents, IPCom’s counsel will focus equally on what can be done with the company’s assets, and you will be crucial to putting those plans into action.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
• Full qualification as a patent attorney, either before the EPO or USPTO.
• At least five years of experience in intellectual property matters.
• Practical experience in the telecoms field, or electrical engineering more broadly.
• Fluency in English, which is the company’s working language.