The IPSILON Group, comprising the firms Ipsilon, Cabinet Nuss, Nony, IP Hills and Lecomte & Partners, is a highly esteemed, full-service Intellectual Property group of firms headquartered in France, with a growing international network through increased acquisition in France and abroad. Founded in 2001, the firm has grown exponentially over the subsequent two decades and, following the recent acquisitions in 2023 of Cabinet Nony in Paris, Lecomte & Partners in Luxembourg and IP Hills in Belgium, now employs over 200 people elevating it to one of the top 5 IP firms in France and in the Belux area.
The IPSILON Group positions itself as a truly ‘full-service’ IP firm, offering clients the complete spectrum of filing, prosecution and litigation services across all areas of IP, covering a broad suite of technical disciplines and a similarly wide range of sectors and industries. The firm’s key technical expertise resides in IT, Telecoms, Electronics and Software; Mechanical; Physics and Optics; Chemistry; Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences; and Biotechnology. The IPSILON Group’s clients range from small start-ups through to global multinational corporates, including some of the top filers of patents in France.
Cabinet Nony joined the IPSILON Group in early 2023 to further bolster the firm’s European and US capabilities. Nony is one of the most respected IP firms in France, with headquarters in central Paris and a network of national offices in Lyon, Grenoble, Nantes, Nice and Toulouse. Nony has a rich heritage in IP, providing clients with services across all areas of IP, with the core of the practice revolving around patents. The firm has expertise in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Physics, Mechanics and Electronics, in which it provides clients with the full range of services in relation to the life cycle of a patent. Similarly, while forming a smaller part of the overall service offering, Nony employs specialist Trademark and Design Attorneys to assist clients with their needs in these other important and specialist areas of IP.
Nony wishes to recruit an experienced European Patent Attorney with a broad and varied background across the biology field. Based ideally in either Paris, Lyon or Toulouse, the three offices housing the team members, but with the possibility to be located in another office in France, the successful candidate will assume an important role in executing work on behalf of some of the team’s most important clients.
In summary, the candidate will:
- File and draft patent applications;
- Oversee patent prosecution activities;
- Handle oppositions before the EPO;
- Advise clients in relation to patent portfolio management, including strategies for protection and enforcement in order to maximise the portfolio’s true value and potential from a commercial perspective;
- Provide advice in relation to litigation and agreements, including licensing;
- Proactively seek to grow the firm’s client base in this area on an international basis.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Fully qualified European Patent Attorney, with proven experience;
- A degree in Biology, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or equivalent;
- A background working in either private practice and/or industry in the field of Life Sciences, Biotechnology or equivalent;
- Experience across several activities, including patent portfolio management, FTO matters and oppositions/litigation;
- Fluency in oral and written English is mandatory.
Candidates should also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- A natural team player who embraces and excels in working with others;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, able to relate to people at all levels;
- A commercial, solution-oriented approach to clients’ intellectual property needs;
- Highly motivated with a proactive and creative working style.