The IPSILON Group, comprising the firms Ipsilon, Cabinet Nuss, Nony, IP Hills and Lecomte & Partners, is a highly esteemed, full-service Intellectual Property group of firms headquartered in France, with a growing international network through increased acquisition in France and abroad. Founded in 2001, the firm has grown exponentially over the subsequent two decades and, following the recent acquisitions in 2023 of Cabinet Nony in Paris, Lecomte & Partners in Luxembourg and IP Hills in Belgium, now employs over 200 people elevating it to one of the top 5 IP firms in France and in the Belux area.
The IPSILON Group positions itself as a truly ‘full-service’ IP firm, offering clients the complete spectrum of filing, prosecution and litigation services across all areas of IP, covering a broad suite of technical disciplines and a similarly wide range of sectors and industries. The firm’s key technical expertise resides in IT, Telecoms, Electronics and Software; Mechanical; Physics and Optics; Chemistry; Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences; and Biotechnology. The IPSILON Group’s clients range from small start-ups through to global multinational corporates, including some of the top filers of patents in France.
Lecomte & Partners joined the IPSILON Group in early 2023 to further bolster the firm’s European and US capabilities. Lecomte & Partners was founded in late 2007 by Didier Lecomte and has since grown to become one of the foremost firms in Luxembourg. The firm provides clients with the full range of patent advice and services across all areas of mechanics, physics, electrical engineering and electronics.
With an ever-increasing workload, the firm would like to recruit an experienced European Patent Attorney to assume responsibility for a substantial part of the existing work together with, in time, the overall management and running of the Luxembourg team.
In summary, the candidate will:
- Conduct prior art searches;
- File and draft patent applications;
- Oversee patent prosecution activities;
- Handle oppositions before the EPO;
- Advise clients in relation to patent portfolio management, including strategies for protection and enforcement in order to maximise the portfolio’s true value and potential from a commercial perspective;
- Provide advice in relation to litigation and agreements, including licensing;
- Work closely with Didier Lecomte to facilitate the transition of client relationships ahead of the latter’s retirement;
- Assume internal management and leadership responsibility in support of Didier in anticipation of taking the future reins of the firm;
- Seek to grow the firm’s client base in this area on an international basis, where appropriate.
- Fully qualified European Patent Attorney, with proven experience;
- A degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering or physics;
- A background working in either private practice and/or industry in the field of Mechanics, physics and/or equivalent;
- Experience across several activities, including patent portfolio management, FTO matters and oppositions/litigation;
- Previous team management and leadership experience would be highly desirable, or at the very least the potential and aptitude to assume such responsibility;
- Fluency in oral and written English and French is mandatory, with additional German language skills ideal.
Candidates should also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- A natural team player who embraces and excels in working with others;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, able to relate to people at all levels;
- Highly developed client management skills, with the credibility and confidence to deal with high-profile and demanding clients;
- A commercial, solution-oriented approach to clients’ intellectual property needs;
- Highly motivated with a proactive and creative working style.