Immatics Biotechnologies is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded in 2000 as a spin out from H.G. Rammensee’s laboratory at the University of Tübingen. The Company was established to develop and commercialise ground-breaking discoveries on the immunopeptidome as targets for all types of T-cell based immunotherapies.
Immatics’ transformative product candidates now rank among the ‘best in class’ Adoptive Cell Therapies and Bispecific TCR molecules. These products are directed against tumour targets that have been identified and validated by Immatics’ proprietary and world-leading technology.
Since its inception, Immatics has developed key partnerships with a broad spectrum of other leading healthcare, biotech and biopharma entities including luminaries like: Amgen, Roche, Morpohsys, GenMab, and GSK.
In July 2020 Immatics went public, listing on XETRA and NASDAQ and raising several hundred million dollars in additional funding.
Immatics works at the forefront of the cutting-edge world of immuno-oncology, developing transformative medicines with the potential to cure cancer using natural or engineered T cells. The development and protection of a commercially-orientated patent portfolio is critical to Immatics’ continued success in the field of innovative T-cell immunotherapies.
With more than 110 highly active patent families already, and ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond, development of the IPR team is pivotal in helping the company protect and monetise its intellectual assets. With that in mind, this new position has been created to support the IP Director, and Immatics’ continued levels of proprietary innovation and commercial growth.
The successful candidate is likely to fulfil the following criteria:
- Possess a Doctorate in a biological, biotech or related field, ideally with knowledge of oncology and immunotherapies;
- Be a fully qualified European Patent Attorney;
- Demonstrate qualities of diligence, approachability and confidence in interaction with research and development colleagues and others across the business and externally;
- Be an excellent communicator, able to convey information to professionals at all levels and across different business areas;
- Show commercial awareness and interest in Immatics’ proprietary technologies and future aims;
- Possess good organisational, multi-tasking and negotiation skills, be accurate, flexible and able to work well independently and within a small team;
- Have a proactive, solution-orientated working style, with excellent analytical skills;
- Be fluent in English as the working language of the company; whilst not a prerequisite, German language skills would also be broadly beneficial.