Airbus is a global pioneer in the aerospace industry, operating in the commercial aircraft, helicopters, defence and space sectors. With around 130,000 employees and as the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader, Airbus is at the forefront of the aviation industry. Airbus builds the most innovative commercial aircraft and consistently captures about half of all commercial airliner orders. With a deep understanding of changing market needs, customer focus and technological innovation, Airbus offers products that connect people and places via air and space.
Over the last 55 years, Airbus has built a reputation for responding to market demands, developing and evolving its products to meet the needs of customers and the wider world. As such, technological innovation has been at the core of Airbus’ strategy since its creation. Through this continued innovation, Airbus has maintained its position as one of the global market leaders and as the largest aerospace and defence company in Europe. To meet ever-increasing demands of a dynamic environment, the company is now seeking a Senior Legal counsel – Commercial & Finance Matters within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse (Blagnac site) or in Munich. The successful candidate will be joining the Legal Affairs-Commercial Operations and Finance department, currently moving to an empowered organization.
Each team member enjoys a high level of autonomy and diversity in dealing with a broad range of legal matters. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the primary legal focal point for finance law matters related to German law and covering a wide range of legal finance matters for a variety of different internal clients.
- Actively promoting and protecting all legal interests related to finance law (including regulatory) aspects on group level and for all Airbus divisions (Airbus commercial, Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space).
- Dealing with a wide range of legal issues mainly in the areas of financing, banking and capital markets laws.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and/or other financing documents, including loan documentation and guarantee agreements for all divisions and subsidiaries.
- Supporting bids and sales campaigns, including by drafting and negotiating guarantee instruments.
- Ensuring that all group wide finance activities are implemented and managed in accordance with European finance legislation and guidelines of the financial regulator.
- Developing / implementing the Airbus Ethics & Compliance policies and Airbus Values and promoting it to our internal clients.
- Instructing and managing relationship with external legal counsels and managing transaction costs in line with Airbus policies.
Airbus has a collaborative and diverse culture and is looking for a commercially minded Legal Counsel with the ambition to continue to build on this strong foundation and with the following criteria:
- German qualified lawyer (2 German state exams); experience in leading, structuring, negotiating and monitoring international finance transactions.
- M. and/or international work experience.
- 5 years’ minimum of relevant experience in Finance gained with an international law firm, financial institution or large multi-national company.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and efficiently to meet demanding deadlines of transactions while ensuring that the risks for Airbus are identified and minimised.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and analytical skills.
- Team player prepared to discover new ways of working and undertake a demanding and varied workload.
- Fluent in written and oral English. The working language of the company is English, but a good command of French would be an advantage.