Hoffmann Eitle is an IP law firm established in 1892 and headquartered in Munich, with offices in London, Düsseldorf and Hamburg and cooperative offices in Milan, Madrid and Amsterdam.The firm boasts an impressive and loyal client list ranging from small enterprises to large multinationals across diverse technical areas including chemicals, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, automotive and consumer electronics. Hoffman Eitle’s growth has been organic, and many of its present partners have been with the firm for their entire professional career. Today, with approximately 400 employees at seven locations across Germany and Europe, the firm is one of the largest and most successful specialist IP boutiques, filing more than 4,000 patent applications each year.
Due to increased workload within the Mechanical Engineering team, the firm is seeking to recruit a trainee or junior patent professional for the London office to assist with current and future client demands. This will enable the firm to maintain the highest standards of client care while continuing the team’s growth and development strategy, both locally and internationally.
This new position within the mechanical engineering team will be highly attractive to an individual passionate about IP, and who wants both the support and freedom to operate in a firm where intellectual rigour and open communication are highly valued. The firm has a collaborative culture with a solid client base and is looking for a mid-senior individual (c. four to seven years’+ PQE) with ambition to continue to build on this strong foundation.
Employees are encouraged to spend time in the Munich office and there is flexibility to accommodate an extended secondment as appropriate.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following:
- A degree in mechanical engineering or other related engineering/physics discipline from a well- regarded university (minimum 2:1);
- European Patent Attorney and/or Chartered Patent Attorney qualification, with between c. four to seven years’ post-qualification experience;
- Strong motivation and a proactive nature, with the drive and determination to assist in the development of the Mechanical practice and the firm as a whole;
- Excellent communication skills coupled with good interpersonal skills to liaise effectively – both verbally and in writing – with colleagues and clients;
- The skills to interact effectively with colleagues and clients, winning confidence and developing excellent working relationships.