Resolution Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing macrophage cell therapy to treat inflammatory organ disease. The company was founded following a productive collaboration between Edinburgh’s Centre for Regenerative Medicine, the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service, and Syncona Investment Management Limited. The team at Resolution Therapeutics builds on world class science, brought to life through cutting edge manufacturing and hands-on clinical experience, to harness the regenerative properties of the macrophage. Together, the founding team have demonstrated the regenerative potential of macrophages, both in the lab and in the clinic.
Resolution Therapeutics is seeking an in-house Patent Attorney to join the Intellectual Property department as a Senior Patent Counsel. This is a unique opportunity to become a core member of the IP team, reporting directly to the VP of Intellectual Property and have a substantial impact on the company’s IP strategy and growing patent portfolio. The Senior Patent Counsel will enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural clinical stage start-up company, which is developing a game-changer cell therapy for a currently unmet medical need.
Each team member enjoys a high level of autonomy and diversity in dealing with a broad range of matters:
- You will have a detailed understanding of the scientific developments within research and development teams and will become the contact person for IP matters relating to various projects.
- You will be responsible for identifying and proactively actioning IP matters, including invention mining, identifying requirements for FTO analyses, supporting IP-related considerations in commercial agreements etc.
- You will liaise directly with R&D teams, project managers, the Corporate Development team and external collaborators to identify inventions and determine how best to protect them.
- You will support drafting and filing of patent applications, including instructing the R&D teams on experimental work required to support filing and working closely with outside counsel to coordinate drafting and filing strategy.
- You will perform FTO analyses, providing IP advice to the Senior Leadership Team on mitigation of potential IP risks.
- You will monitor and analyse third-party IP and will be responsible to devising the IP strategy relating to such third parties.
- You will manage global prosecution and coordinate prosecution strategy with external counsels.
- You will provide strategic and commercial advice to the Senior Leadership Team based on IP analysis.
- You will be an active contributor to generating IP-related Standard Operating Procedures within the company.
Resolution Therapeutics is looking for a proactive Patent Attorney who will be able to work with a great degree of independence and have a detailed understanding of innovations developed within the various research and development teams. The candidate should possess the following criteria:
- Ph.D. in biology, biotechnology, or biochemistry, specialising in Immunology/Hepatology/Genetics/Molecular Biology/Gene Editing or adjacent fields.
- Qualified Patent Attorney (European/UK, candidates qualified in other jurisdictions may be considered).
- A proactive self-starter with an ability to independently initiate projects and take ownership of them.
- A strong communicator, able to clearly and succinctly relay complex information to colleagues across a breadth of backgrounds and functions within the company.
- A person who “sees the big picture” and is able to design an IP strategy according to the changing business strategy of the company.
- 5+ years of experience prosecuting IP related to complex biotechnology inventions, either in private practice or an in-house department.
- Experience in FTO complex analyses.
- Experience in patent drafting.
- Experience in managing clients and outside counsel.