STADA is a leading pharmaceutical company headquartered in Bad Vilbel, Germany which specialises in the production of generic and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. With a long-standing heritage rooted in pharmacies, the company has been a reliable and trustworthy partner for over 125 years. STADA products help people protect and regain a dignified and able life. With its proven Generics, the company ensures that everyday health remains affordable.
Based on STADA´s company values “Integrity”, “Agility”, “Entrepreneurship” and “One STADA”, the company expects to outgrow the industry in terms of growth and profitability in 2021 and strives to continue being the partner of choice in generics and consumer health.
STADA’s IP strategy is crucial for the company’s continued success, and growth is expected to outperform the market in the coming years. The development of the IP team is therefore pivotal in helping STADA bring its products to market. This, in combination with supporting the company’s growing proprietary innovation and protection activity needs, results in STADA now seeking to recruit an experienced and commercially minded Senior Patent Counsel to join the team.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing IP strategies for the portfolio based on the competitive landscape;
- Identification and evaluation of patent-related risks and opportunities;
- Freedom-To-Operate, drafting and prosecution activities;
- Managing EPO opposition and appeals proceedings in collaboration with external attorneys;
- Participating in contract & agreement work, in particular confidentiality, license and development agreements;
- Patent law support for M&A and due diligence activities.
The successful candidate should fulfil the following criteria:
- Possess a Doctorate in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline;
- Possess substantive IP experience, ideally gained within an industry setting or reputable private practice;
- Experience with “freedom to operate” analyses and in patent litigation;
- Possess thorough knowledge of patent law and IP strategy formulation and deployment, including significant understanding of licensing and M&A activities;
- IP experience in the Generics field would be beneficial;
- Be an excellent communicator, able to actively approach and convey information to stakeholders and business partners at all management levels and across different business areas and to take over managerial responsibilities;
- Show commercial awareness and interest in STADA’s proprietary technologies and future aims;
- Have a proactive, solution-orientated and independent working style, with excellent analytical skills;
- Possess professional level proficiency in written and spoken German and English.