Adeia (NASDAQ: ADEA) is a publicly traded IP Licensing company headquartered in San Jose, CA with approximately 125 employees primarily in North America. Adeia invents, develops and licenses fundamental innovations that shape the way millions of people explore and experience entertainment in an increasingly connected world. From TVs to smartphones, and across all types of entertainment experiences, Adeia’s technologies allow users to manage content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive and personal.
Adeia is seeking an energetic and passionate SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy who will report directly to the CEO and will be part of the executive team. Given the start-up like nature of the business, this role will require someone who is hands-on, a consultative partner, and a strategic thinker for this multi-faceted organization supporting approximately $375 million in annual revenue.
The SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy will be responsible for implementing corporate and business level strategies for mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, and new business development. They will be recognized as an industry thought leader and will analyze the market, industry and technology trends and incorporate these into a comprehensive corporate strategy that extends Adeia’s capabilities and contributes to Adeia’s top-line and bottom-line growth. The SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy will oversee all aspects of M&A/Corporate Development, Business Development, and Market Intelligence. Through their skills as a developer of people, the chosen executive will attract, hire, lead, motivate, mentor, and retain a team of high performers across multiple geographies.
- Define and drive the strategic roadmap and business strategy based on market analysis and synthesis;
- Lead the development of Adeia’s growth strategy through evaluation and execution of acquisitions, partnerships, and other strategic transactions;
- Work closely with the executive team and business unit leaders to develop a comprehensive acquisition and strategic partnership framework to guide areas of focus and opportunity evaluation criteria;
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to help guide and advise product teams on long-term product roadmap;
- Build a pipeline of strategic opportunities through developing a network of key players in the industry from which to source potential transactions;
- Prepare detailed business cases and recommendations to the executive team and Board of Directors;
- Lead all aspects of deal execution including research of targets, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and due diligence;
- Leverage broad based industry knowledge and marketplace expertise fully understanding the impact of emerging trends and technologies on the business;
- Explore long term strategic investments through R&D.
The SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy shall have substantial strategic experience, possess analytic rigor and they should have a proven track record of success driving large scale, complex M&A transactions.
In addition, the SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy should have the following experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 3 years’ experience leading deals teams in M&A-focused strategic consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate development environments;
- Deep experience in software, hardware, consumer electronics or semiconductor industries and thorough understanding of the competitive landscape impacting digital content discovery, semiconductor advancements and monetization;
- Strong experience analyzing and presenting all relevant market, industry, and company factors to support proactively identifying targets and priorities;
- Experience in large global organizations with demonstrated success managing internal relationships with multiple high-demand stakeholders;
- MBA, JD or other relevant advance degree.
The SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy will be a decisive and dynamic leader who has the ability to build and develop effective teams, hold people accountable for results and positively affect behavior in others to achieve high performance and personal satisfaction. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following leadership attributes and characteristics:
- Strong analytical, business planning and management skills combined with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to foresee, analyze, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly;
- Results-oriented and accustomed to succeeding in a competitive marketplace;
- Open communication and a collaborative style are essential for gaining internal support;
- Strategic thinker who proactively seeks opportunities to drive business growth;
- A high degree of intellect, energy, and integrity with a direct, open manner;
- High level of self-confidence with communication and exceptional influencing skills;
- Strong, highly collaborative leader who can cultivate strong relationships with peer executives who lead other, equally complex aspects of the business;
- Share the company’s big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality;
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical orientation with the ability to analyze alternative solutions;
- Role models an entrepreneurial “own the outcome” mindset, applied at scale and through working with others.