Venner Shipley LLP is a leading intellectual property firm with offices in London, Cambridge, Guildford, Tunbridge Wells, Manchester and Munich.
The firm has a great client portfolio ranging from major international corporations to start ups, SMEs, universities and individual inventors. The firm has grown significantly over the last decade and now numbers 170 people across all office locations. In addition to the patent, trade mark and design attorney teams there is also a team of IP lawyers, enabling the firm to provide a truly full service offering across the intellectual property field.
Venner Shipley has ambitious and strategic growth plans with the aim of increasing its UK operations as well as expanding the offering in other parts of Europe.
The Venner Shipley partnership has made a strategic long-term commitment to expand and deepen the firm’s European operations. Electronics and life sciences are key practice areas and senior attorneys with an established reputation in either of these areas would be a good fit in order to leverage the firm’s existing expertise. The firm has an entrepreneurial and client-focused approach to growth and is committed to providing excellent client service that is commercial, pragmatic and timely.
The successful candidate will be fluent in both written and spoken English and would ideally fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified German and European Patent Attorney;
- Be entitled to represent design and trade mark applicants at the EUIPO;
- Possess 5+ years of post-qualification experience;
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across all office locations and help build a strong team and client following in Germany;
- Have an entrepreneurial and client-centred approach with sound commercial judgement;
- Have a client following and/or a track record of successful business development;
- Excellent communication, advocacy, and negotiating skills.