Voi is a leading micro-mobility company, offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with over 50 cities and local communities around Europe, headquartered in Sweden. Launched in August 2018, Voi believes that light electric vehicles can play a part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable (and fun!) solution to traditional transport modes. Voi wants the transformation to happen in the right way— through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments, and by adapting to local needs.
To support Voi’s growth plans and international expansion, the company is looking to grow its in-house Legal function through by hiring a dedicated Senior Legal Counsel for the DACH Region. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the successful candidate will play a central role in Voi’s development in the region and beyond by taking responsibility for all legal and compliance matters in the DACH countries. As this is a new role within Voi, the Senior Legal Counsel will have the opportunity to form and shape the DACH Legal function as well as the extended remit of their role, in close collaboration with the General Counsel and the rest of the team of lawyers based in Sweden, the Netherlands, and the UK.
Key operational responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the DACH Region in all legal and compliance matters.
- Advising the DACH Regional Management Team on commercial and strategic decisions.
- Handling a diverse range of commercial contracts and, when needed, disputes at an early stage.
- Conducting commercial negotiations with business partners across the Region.
- Proactively managing the relationships with local external law firms in a cost-effective manner.
In addition, within the Voi Legal function, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a broader contribution to the overall business beyond the DACH Region, for example in areas such as manufacturing, employment law, public tenders, and procurement and payments. The Senior Legal Counsel DACH will play an integral role in the Region as well as the wider legal function and liaise with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to progress the business in a legally compliant manner. In addition to a generalist technical legal skillset, covering a broad range of commercial and corporate areas, the right candidate will be expected to display commercial acumen and an ability to understand and proactively work towards Voi’s business goals.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced legal professional to get involved in the micro-mobility community, be a part of shaping the future of urban mobility, and a chance to join the VOIage of a lifetime.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will possess the following experience and personal attributes:
- The demonstrable experience of working effectively in a recognised law firm and, ideally, within an in-house Legal function of a meaningful, international business.
- A relevant legal qualification to advise across the DACH Region and a proven track record of advising on cross-border legal and compliance matters.
- Ideally, previous experience of information technology, fintech, and/or the mobility sector, however, relevant experience in other related sectors also will be considered.
- A self-sufficient, pragmatic, and solutions-oriented approach with the passion to partner with a growing business focused on environmentally friendly mobility in urban living spaces.
- The judgement and poise to be an effective business partner to the Regional Management Team, who thrives on creating structure in a high-paced environment.
- The proven ability to deal with change and ambiguity in a hands-on and nimble manner.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to influence and liaise effectively across a diverse audience in a dynamic, non-hierarchical organization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively convey information across all levels of the organisation as well as external business partners.
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written.
- Will love riding Voi e-scooters!
The team at Voi knows that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and it welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in their journey and to ride the future together. Voi believes that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within the team is essential to its success in delivering the best user experience to the company’s equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, the company believes it has made good progress but knows it can still do more. Regardless of gender, background, or sexual orientation, Voi welcomes applications.
What’s important for Voi are the skills and value a person can bring to the Voi team and that there is a great cultural fit!