The IPSILON Group, comprising the firms Ipsilon, Cabinet Nuss, Nony, IP Hills and Lecomte & Partners, is a highly esteemed, full-service Intellectual Property group of firms headquartered in France, with a growing international network through increased acquisition in France and abroad. Founded in 2001, the firm has grown exponentially over the subsequent two decades and, following the recent acquisitions in 2023 of Cabinet Nony in Paris, Lecomte & Partners in Luxembourg and IP Hills in Belgium, now employs over 200 people elevating it to one of the top 5 IP firms in France and in the Belux area.
The IPSILON Group positions itself as a truly ‘full-service’ IP firm, offering clients the complete spectrum of filing, prosecution and litigation services across all areas of IP, covering a broad suite of technical disciplines and a similarly wide range of sectors and industries. The firm’s key technical expertise resides in IT, Telecoms, Electronics and Software; Mechanical; Physics and Optics; Chemistry; Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences; and Biotechnology. The IPSILON Group’s clients range from small start-ups through to global multinational corporates, including some of the top filers of patents in France
As a result of recent growth and in line with the firm’s strategy for further expansion, the IPSILON Group is keen to recruit a senior European Patent Attorney with a broad mechanical background to join the team. This role will occupy an important place within the overall patent team, and the successful candidate will assume an important role in executing work on behalf of some of the team’s most important clients.
In summary, the candidate will:
- File and draft patent applications;
- Oversee patent prosecution activities;
- Handle oppositions before the EPO;
- Advise clients in relation to patent portfolio management, including strategies for protection and enforcement in order to maximise the portfolio’s true value and potential from a commercial perspective;
- Provide advice in relation to litigation and agreements, including licensing;
- Work closely with other senior members, particularly in relation to the division of work among the key clients mentioned above;
- Proactively seek to grow the firm’s client base in this area on an international basis.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Fully qualified European Patent Attorney, with proven experience;
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent;
- A background working in either private practice and/or industry in the field of Mechanics, physics and/or equivalent (some understanding, or experience of software would be ideal);
- Experience across several activities, including patent portfolio management, FTO matters and oppositions/litigation;
- Fluency in oral and written French and English is mandatory.
Candidates should also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- A natural team player who embraces and excels working with others;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, able to relate to people at all levels;
- Highly developed client management skills, with the credibility and confidence to deal with high-profile and demanding clients;
- A commercial, solution-oriented approach to clients’ intellectual property needs;
- Highly motivated with a proactive and creative working style.